Benefits of Honey are often discussed in health topics. This article explains the benefits of honey in general.
Other than that, there are some types of honey that has higher beneficial content compared to other honey – such as tualang honey, royal jelly and propolis honey. Please see Types of Honey topic to understand the benefits of honey specific to the type of honey.
Benefits of Honey can be categorize according to its function in our body.
- Skin, Hair and Eyes
- Makes hair and eyes more healthy and shinier.
- Helps with brighter and clearer eye sight.
- Accelerates the healing process for damaged skin when applied on, and protects from bacteria infection (see Manuka Honey).
- Promotes healthier, smoother and younger-looking skin. Forget about beauty pills because the habit of taking honey can achieve natural beauty without hurting your body.
- Digestion System
- Strengthens digestion system and resistance to food-poisoning.
- Eases bowel movement.
- Breathing and Throat
- Effective to relieve lasting cough.
- Strengthen breathing and reduces asthma attack.
- Body Energy
- Energize body of pregnant women. Unlike certain medication which cannot be taken during pregnancy, honey is a natural energy food that is suitable for pregnant mothers.
- Source of alternative sugar for kidney patients and diabetics. Continued intake of honey can help to control the glucose level in blood.
- Restores energy after menstruation or after prolonged diarrhea.
- Supplies energy whole day and reduces fat intake (please see : Benefits of Honey for Weight Loss).
- Food Nutrition
- Rich in mineral and natural sugar that is easy to digest.
- Promotes the absorption of calcium in the body.
- Natural fiber suitable for any situation.
There are hundreds of benefits from honey. As food, cure or health supplement, honey can be beneficial to anyone.