Is honey safe to be consumed by pregnant mothers? What are the correct ways to use honey for pregnant mothers?
Based on the experience of mothers who consumed honey during pregnancy, honey is safe to be taken and in addition, it has nutrition content that are good for them too.
Please see article : Benefits of Honey for Children
Honey can reduce nausea feeling during pregnancy, especially in the morning (aka. morning sickness). For best effect, take honey before going to sleep every day.
Honey is also able to maintain immunity to diseases during pregnancy. It is not uncommon for pregnant mothers to flu more often because their immune system is weaker during this time. By taking honey, the anti-bacterial content is capable to support the immune system of pregnant mothers.
Moreover, honey can help avoid constipation, a common problem faced by pregnant mothers. The fiber and anti-bacterial content in honey help to keep the digestion system of pregnant mothers healthy.
Other benefits of honey when pregnant include promoting better sleep, supplying energy and preventing hypertension.
Is it true that honey can help weight loss? How to use honey for weight loss?
The answer for questions above : Yes, but it depends on your overall diet.
Honey contains nutrients such as minerals and amino acids that helps with metabolisme of fat in the body. However, just by adding honey in your daily diet is not result in weight loss. To effectively reduce weight, you have to replace regular sugar intake with honey.
The replacement step is important because regular basically turns into fat when it is not used by the body. Not only that, metabolizing regular sugar also depletes the body from mineral dan amino acids nutrients contained in honey. This reduces that same nutrients from being used for metabolizing body fat. Therefore, the continuous intake of regular sugar with honey may eventually result in increased body weight.
In contrast, honey contains easy-to-digest sugar such as fructose, glucose and maltose. Honey is also packed with energy, important to those who are on diet so they would feel energized whole day and stop they from taking fatty foods.
In addition, honey makes makes diet food tastier compared to diet food that is totally sugarless. This makes the process of losing weight more confortable and increases the chances in continuing your effort!
A research from Waikato University in Hamilton, New Zealand could illustrate the benefits of honey in weight loss more clearly. In the study, 3 groups of rats are fed 3 types of food – sugarless food, food mixed with regular sugar and food mixed with honey. In the result, rats that ate food mixed with regular sugar gained the most weight, whereas the weight of rats which ate sugarless food and food mixed with sugar is almost the same! This shows that honey can help with weight loss and at the same time, makes your diet food tastier and more nutritious.
So, what are you waiting for? Start your diet today by simply by replacing regular sugar with honey. Your will enjoy every bit of your diet.
Benefits of Honey are often discussed in health topics. This article explains the benefits of honey in general.
Other than that, there are some types of honey that has higher beneficial content compared to other honey – such as tualang honey, royal jelly and propolis honey. Please see Types of Honey topic to understand the benefits of honey specific to the type of honey.
Benefits of Honey can be categorize according to its function in our body.
- Skin, Hair and Eyes
- Makes hair and eyes more healthy and shinier.
- Helps with brighter and clearer eye sight.
- Accelerates the healing process for damaged skin when applied on, and protects from bacteria infection (see Manuka Honey).
- Promotes healthier, smoother and younger-looking skin. Forget about beauty pills because the habit of taking honey can achieve natural beauty without hurting your body.
- Digestion System
- Strengthens digestion system and resistance to food-poisoning.
- Eases bowel movement.
- Breathing and Throat
- Effective to relieve lasting cough.
- Strengthen breathing and reduces asthma attack.
- Body Energy
- Energize body of pregnant women. Unlike certain medication which cannot be taken during pregnancy, honey is a natural energy food that is suitable for pregnant mothers.
- Source of alternative sugar for kidney patients and diabetics. Continued intake of honey can help to control the glucose level in blood.
- Restores energy after menstruation or after prolonged diarrhea.
- Supplies energy whole day and reduces fat intake (please see : Benefits of Honey for Weight Loss).
- Food Nutrition
- Rich in mineral and natural sugar that is easy to digest.
- Promotes the absorption of calcium in the body.
- Natural fiber suitable for any situation.
There are hundreds of benefits from honey. As food, cure or health supplement, honey can be beneficial to anyone.